For an entirely new repository:
1. Go to www.github.com and Log in with your Username & password (or Create account if it is the first time)
2. Navigate to Repositories by clicking on the Profile drop down (on the far top right) and click on ‘Your repositories’
3. To create a new repository click on ‘New’
4. Add repository name and click on ‘Create Repository’
5. Now we go to our PC and set up git.
6. Download and install git from https://git-scm.com/
7. Open cmd( Win + R, then type cmd, then enter) . Set up your github.com email & username using the following commands
git config --global user.name "Your Name"
git config --global user.email email@example.com
5. Open cmd( and navigate to the location of your project or where you want to create your project
6. Type in the following commands to initialize a new repository in our local PC and connect it to the online github repo we created in the earlier steps
git add .
git commit -a -m "Your commit message"
git remote add origin <url>
git push origin master